Views
Helpful
Replies

79xx intercom (auto answer)

lookasko1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
I am a bit disappointed, that such expensive phones are not capable of correct auto-answer.
We are using 79xx phones in SIP mode and I know that it is possible to set auto-answer on these phones, but this option will auto answer all calls on particular line.
Our intended behaviour is to auto answer only calls that has auto-answer header. Even much cheaper small business SPA phones are capable of this!
It would be great if Cisco consider this option in new SIP firmwares, because Cisco products are great, and these small features are easy to fix...
And as far as I know there are much more other users willing this functionality.
Thank you!

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Submit a PER via your AM, that's the proper way to do this.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I don't know what you mean by PER and AM.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This feature has existed in CUCM with 7900 series phones for quite some time. Here's the relevant documentation:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100_chapter_0100011.html

Suddenly we do not use CUCM.

Cisco has never advertised these phones to be fully functional with anything other than their own PBX platforms: UC Manager (runs on x86 servers) and UC Manager Express (runs on Cisco routers). If you can get it to work with the another PBX, don't expect any functionality beyond that outlined in the original RFC3261 spec. You should be looking at Snom or other generic SIP phones that are certified with whatever PBX you are using.

Cisco AM would be your Cisco Account Manager, aka your Cisco sales rep. In my opinion, you have zero hope of getting Cisco to make any Product Enhancement Requests (PER) for the endpoints on third-party PBX. You would have to be a truly massive account for them to even entertain it, again IMO.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: