Views
Helpful
Replies

8.5 to 86: Missing Software Feature License

josepaulopetry
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I recently did an upgrade from 8.5 to 8.6 and received this warning: Missing Software Feature License

I contacted TAC and they sent to me a temporary license (CM8.6-K9-UPG=), but was not able to tell me how to permanently fix this issue.

This PN (CM8.6-K9-UPG=) has a price list of $15k, its not an affordable price for a MINOR upgrade.

There is no UCSS, but i understand that UCSS is only for major upgrade, and what im doing is a minor upgrade. Recently I did an upgrade from 8.0 to 8.6 and i didnt had this problem.

So, anyone knows how can i permanently fix this issue?

thanks

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is the license still installed on the server??

If so, have you tried deleting it and adding it again??

You can also try with licensing and let them know this was a minor upgrade and that a glitch removed the license and ask them to issue a new one.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Which license are you asking about?

Hi,

You can ask licensing team to provide u the the existing license files running on 8.x as suggested by Mr. Jaime.

you can delete the existing file and upload the new one.

from CLI using OS administration , issue command file delete license filename[CCMxxxxxx.lic]

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: