cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8800 Series phones always uses CLID for primary line when press message key

billie.mcgee
Level 1
Level 1

We have 8800 series phones on CUCM 9.1.2. The user has 2 lines on their phone, no matter which line they select and press message key it always recognizes the mailbox for the primary line. If I  dial the Route Pattern for voicemail it will recognize line 2 when dialing from it. Any suggestion?

4 Replies 4

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Billie,

Please check the "Line select for voice messages" setting as described in the following link

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/9971_9951_8961/7_1_3/english/admin/guide/8961995171_713_ag/9971usr.html

When disabled (default), pressing the Messages button selects the line that has a voice message. If more than one line has voice mail, then the first available line is selected. When enabled, the primary line is always used to retrieve voice messages.

Note This feature can also be enabled or disabled for Extension Mobility.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

It tested this on an IP Communicator. The second line has new voicemail messages and line one does not have any. When I press the message key it still picks the primary line and expects the PIN for line one. Is this only supported on certain devices? I do have a variety of IP phones that when you select the second line and press the message key it prompts you for the line two's voicemail PIN. However, just with the 8800 series if you select line 2 then press message it is expecting Line 1's PIN.

I am not aware that this is dependent on phone type. But worth trying it on 8800 phones.

Hi,

From phone configuration window disable "Always Use Prime Line for Voice Message" as below

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: