cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8800 series phones migrating vlans to a new switch

jimlozano
Level 1
Level 1

We are just wrapping up a full network and voice infrastructure refresh. Each campus got a new pair of nexus 7k switches to replace two 6513s. For some reason one campus had their nexus switches only serving as a layer 2 connection to our Data Center while the 6513 were inside of those providing the layer 3 routing. They are now ready to migrate routing off of the 6513 switches and onto the Nexus 7ks. We moved over one test vlan to the nexus and found that most phones had to be power reset to reconnect to Unified Communications Manager. I wasn't on site but I believe they unplugged and reconnected the Ethernet cable on the phones to accomplish this.

The problem is we have a lot of phones that will be affected as we migrate over the rest of the vlans. Obviously if the phones are not registered they can't be restarted form Call Manager.

Does anyone know a way to deal with this?

Thanks

Jim Lozano

SOCCCD District IT

2 Replies 2

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The only option you will have is to shut/no shut your ports to which the phones are connected.

use the interface range commands to run it in bulk.

That is the only way you can bounce phones if they are not registered  (apart from physically unplugging them obviously)./-

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Thank you very much Dennis,

That was actually the only thing we could think of as well.

I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Have a good one!