cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8811 Button Config

ShankarP
Level 1
Level 1

Hi experts, would like to know the best practice button config for 8811, for normal office users. Thanks

8811 Button.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Well, first you need to decide how you want to use the phone and thus what the "Line mode" is set to. By default it is "session mode" which means only the 5 buttons on the left can be used for lines/speed dials/BLFs/functions/etc. and the buttons on the right are used to manage calls. You can make the right side buttons usable for the same functions as left by changing the line mode to "Enhanced line mode", but then you lose the ability to easily toggle/manage the calls.  As to what the buttons need to be it depends on your individual user requirements, i.e. if the user has only 1 line and nothing else then having those assigned as speed dials or BLFs is usually good solution, otherwise you assign the buttons to what is needed, i.e. other lines, intercom, etc.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Best practice for what?  Can you elaborate a little bit more?

Hi Chris, there are 10 button available for configuration.

Should I leave the 8 buttons as Speed Dial or Should I configure them with some useful features?

ManageButton.JPG

Well, first you need to decide how you want to use the phone and thus what the "Line mode" is set to. By default it is "session mode" which means only the 5 buttons on the left can be used for lines/speed dials/BLFs/functions/etc. and the buttons on the right are used to manage calls. You can make the right side buttons usable for the same functions as left by changing the line mode to "Enhanced line mode", but then you lose the ability to easily toggle/manage the calls.  As to what the buttons need to be it depends on your individual user requirements, i.e. if the user has only 1 line and nothing else then having those assigned as speed dials or BLFs is usually good solution, otherwise you assign the buttons to what is needed, i.e. other lines, intercom, etc.

Hello Chris,
I am using CUCM v: 11.0.1.20000-2 and 8845 with firmware sip8845_65.12-0-1-11, but when I use the Enhance Line mode the keys at the right side do not appear.

Do I use wrong firmware?

George
Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Firmware is fine, did you assign correct phone button template and configure the 6-10 buttons as lines/speed dials/etc?

Chris thanks!

The phone button templane had to change. I am reposting another answer of yours, since the next question is how to find my History/Missed calls

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/cisco-enhanced-line-mode-amp-missed-calls/m-p/3180609

Once more your comments are really helpful

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: