Level 1

Hello,

i'm having an issue with an 8811 registering to CME11.0 on 2901 ISR

Jun 29 16:26:06.346: TFTP: Looking for SEP00425AC77B79.cnf.xml.sgn
Jun 29 16:26:07.418: TFTP: Looking for XMLDefault.cnf.xml.sgn

it is looking for the above 2 files, which don't exist

the file that is in the flash is > SEP00425AC77B79.cnf.xml

without the .sgn extension

this is the first time that i have seen this, i have another 8811 registering without issue, looking for its corresponding cnf file as cnf.xml

any help in the right direction is appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Just do a factory reset for this phone to clear previous registration to CUCM (*.sgn file request remains from that case)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Inderpal Oberoi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please share the output of the following:

show run

show voice register tftp-bind

more system:/cme/sipphone/SIPXXXXXXXXXXXX.cnf (Note: X needs to replaced with the mac of the affected phone)

show voice register all

Regards

Inderpsi

Just do a factory reset for this phone to clear previous registration to CUCM (*.sgn file request remains from that case)

Thank you for the responses. 

I did factory reset initially, however this did not help. I found that the security settings had to be cleared manually in the phone itself. Once this was done the phone registered immediately. 

Lots of wasted time  factory reset does not always clear everything. My suspicions were that this phone was previously used in cucm deployment  

Thank you. 

Good, I've faced with the same case but I did FW upgrade after factory reset, that's the different.

Best regards.

Thing is, it would not take the fw upgrade. I assume due to the security being set. 

Thanks