cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8811 States "DEVICE HAS CRASHED"

jschmit
Level 1
Level 1

One of our Cisco 8811 models shows "DEVICE HAS CRASHED" on the screen when attempting to boot up. The phone will continually try to reboot but it always comes back to this error screen. I have included an image of the phone showing this error. I have attempted to delete it from our system and recreate it, but the phone continually reverts back to this. I attempted to perform a factory reset but that did not work either. The phone details on the back state the model is a CP-8811. I was under the impression the screens on the 8811s were only black and white yet the error is showing in red text. 

Has anyone seen this error or have any ideas on how to resolve?

Thank you

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I suggest you open up a TAC so this can be investigated, and RMAd if necessary.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

mschelpdesk
Level 1
Level 1

This is an old post. I had holding the same happen on 8865 MRA phone.  Posting as it may help somebody else. Powered the phone holding # key. I did not do full factory reset. It did go thru few resets and resolved.   

Meraj Ali
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Though this post is old, answering it so anyone else seeing this can refer.
If a factory reset doesn't do the job, try to push the latest firmware for the phone and see if that resolves the problem.
If the issue persists on the latest firmware too, it would be a good idea to open a TAC case for investigation.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: