cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8821 Device Pack Question

Esto
Level 1
Level 1

Downloaded the Device Package 9.1(2) to support 8821 Phones. Everything went as planned and phones are now working.

However, when I go into the Device Defaults it is blank on Load and Inactive Load info. The phone is registered with the following:

Active Load ID
sip8821.11-0-2HEE-10

Inactive Load ID
sip8821.1-2-3-5

No firmware load mismatches but the TFTP Files I have are

sip88xx.10-3-1-20.loads
sip88xx.11-5-1-18.loads

I want to be able to run the following:

sip8821.11-0-3SR1-1

3 Replies 3

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Check whether you have the files for the required firmware (sip8821.11-0-3SR1-1) in TFTP directory. If yes, then you can manually update the device defaults to match that firmware and reset the phones. Else you need to install that specific firmware using the firmware cop file and follow the same process of manually updating.

HTH

Rajan

Could I just upload the zip file for the software, reset the TFTP service and place it into my device defaults?  WHat would be the difference when adding the cop file?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

I think my friend Rajan is correct here (+5), it sound like you may have hit this bug;

8821: Include 8821 IP-Phone loads version 11.0(2)SR2 into the CUCM DevPaks
CSCvc05651
Symptom:
When the user installed the Devpak which includes the QED for 8821 product, there is no default firmware loads for this device. The phone would still have old firmware loads installed via manufacture process.

Conditions:
Existing CUCM version without QED for support for 8821. Now, the user installed the official CUCM Devpak which includes the support for 8821 IP-Phone. There is no default firmware loads for 8821 IP-Phone in these current version Devpaks.

Workaround:
The user can separately download the 8821 COP file posted on Cisco site.