cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8821 device pack version?

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

my cucm is version "10.5.2.13900-12 Unrestricted" , i want to install 88821 device package to register 8821 phones , when i went into the device package download page i saw many version "10.5(2.1XXXX)" is it supposed to match my cucm version 10.5.2.13900??? or i can download any version?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

hsood
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

No need to have the same version.

Just download the latest version for 10.5.2.X train and that should serve your purpose.

cmterm-devicepack10.5.2.15097-1.cop.sgn is the latest one currently on Cisco site.

Please rate and mark correct if helpful.

Regards,

Hitesh

View solution in original post

>> Device pack needs to be installed on all servers in the cucm cluster

>> if you are adding support for a new phone model by installing the device pack then a cluster wide reboot is required

>> if you are just upgrading the existing firmware versions via device pack then reboot is not required, just a restart of TFTP service on the TFTP servers would be sufficient

In your case since you are adding support for a new phone model you need a cluster reboot after installing the device pack on all servers.

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

hsood
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

No need to have the same version.

Just download the latest version for 10.5.2.X train and that should serve your purpose.

cmterm-devicepack10.5.2.15097-1.cop.sgn is the latest one currently on Cisco site.

Regards,

Hitesh

i also read after installing the device package i need a cluster reset as in i need to restart both publisher and subscriber cucm?

also is there a way to prevent all the phones from upgrading after i install the device package?

Yes,

That is correct. A clusterwide reboot is required after the installation of device pack.

Ensure to go through the read me notes of the Device pack.

To ensure that the firmware do not upgrade to the latest one for the other phone models, make a note of the firmware of all the phones that are there in your environment from the Device >> Device defaults page.

After the installation of Device pack, they should get updated to the latest one (which should be there in the readme notes as well).

Before a reboot is performed on the cluster, ensure to replace back the Device defaults firmware with the old firmware you copied earlier in first step.

Then perform a reboot of the cluster and you should be good.

Regards,

Hitesh

do i install the device package on both the publisher and subscriber or just the publisher???

>> Device pack needs to be installed on all servers in the cucm cluster

>> if you are adding support for a new phone model by installing the device pack then a cluster wide reboot is required

>> if you are just upgrading the existing firmware versions via device pack then reboot is not required, just a restart of TFTP service on the TFTP servers would be sufficient

In your case since you are adding support for a new phone model you need a cluster reboot after installing the device pack on all servers.

HTH

Manish