Views
Helpful
Replies

8831 Linked mode error during stand alone

Rajan R
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Guys,

Configured a new 8831 in stand alone mode. The DCU display says 8831 linked mode requires primary phone on power adapter. When I press the volume button there is no sound as well. I ran thru the bug list but found nothing. Any suggestions ?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

jiaojian
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Friend

Do you solve this problem?I have the same problem

My DCU display says Linked mode requires primary base to be connected to wall power.And I Press the volume button there is no sound too.

If you have any workaround about this,please tell me.

Thank you very much.

Donke xu

Hello Donke,

Yes. I did solve this isse without a RMA, maybe this works for you as well. I downloaded the latest firmware for 8831 and uploaded it on the CUCM (restart the TFTP). The 8831 upgraded and it started working fine.

HTH

Cheers.

Hello HTH

I had upgrade cmterm-devicepack10.5.1.12026-cop.sgn to my CUCM,Now my firmware in CUCM is sip8831.10-3-1-16 ,But my device can't download it,I had restart the TFTP ,The device still not download the new firmware,Do you have any suggest about this.

Thanks for your help!

Donke xu

I have had my 8831's up and working for a long time even after the upgrade to 10.5 and one of them just now started giving me this error. Do you think it is still a firmware issue?

Hello HTH

I had upgrade cmterm-devicepack10.5.1.12026-cop.sgn to my CUCM,Now my firmware in CUCM is sip8831.10-3-1-16 ,But my device can't download it,I had restart the TFTP ,The device still not download the new firmware,Do you have any suggest about this.

Thanks for your help!

Donke xu

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: