Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

8831 Linked mode error during stand alone

Rajan R
Beginner
Beginner

Hey Guys,

Configured a new 8831 in stand alone mode. The DCU display says 8831 linked mode requires primary phone on power adapter. When I press the volume button there is no sound as well. I ran thru the bug list but found nothing. Any suggestions ?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

jiaojian
Beginner
Beginner

Hi Friend

Do you solve this problem?I have the same problem

My DCU display says Linked mode requires primary base to be connected to wall power.And I Press the volume button there is no sound too.

If you have any workaround about this,please tell me.

Thank you very much.

Donke xu

Hello Donke,

Yes. I did solve this isse without a RMA, maybe this works for you as well. I downloaded the latest firmware for 8831 and uploaded it on the CUCM (restart the TFTP). The 8831 upgraded and it started working fine.

HTH

Cheers.

Hello HTH

I had upgrade cmterm-devicepack10.5.1.12026-cop.sgn to my CUCM,Now my firmware in CUCM is sip8831.10-3-1-16 ,But my device can't download it,I had restart the TFTP ,The device still not download the new firmware,Do you have any suggest about this.

Thanks for your help!

Donke xu

I have had my 8831's up and working for a long time even after the upgrade to 10.5 and one of them just now started giving me this error. Do you think it is still a firmware issue?

Hello HTH

I had upgrade cmterm-devicepack10.5.1.12026-cop.sgn to my CUCM,Now my firmware in CUCM is sip8831.10-3-1-16 ,But my device can't download it,I had restart the TFTP ,The device still not download the new firmware,Do you have any suggest about this.

Thanks for your help!

Donke xu