Views
Helpful
Replies

8831 phone can't call external numbers

amine..dahel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I'm working on a CUCM 7, I have a conference phone 8831 (firmware version: sip8831.10-3-1SR1-1) that can call internal but cannot call external numbers, here's the troublehooting tasks that I did:

I used the DN of the 8831 phone on a CIPC with the same 8831 site parameters (CSS, region, location,...), and I managed to call external numbers successfully.

Any tips that you can give me to remedy this issue ?

thanks in advance, guys.

9 Replies 9

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You might be facing below issue:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Endpoints_FAQ#Why_are_calls_from_my_video_endpoints_failing_to_the_PSTN.3F.3F

Regards

Deepak

- Rate Helpful Posts -

Thank you Deepak,

but this device is not a video endpoint, it's a 8831 voice conference phone

Ah my bad, somehow 8941 came in my mind. Please proceed with the information as suggested by Manish.

Regards

Deepak

Could you please post the call flow (including what gateway you are using) ?

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Since you already verified the CSS by applying the same CSS to another phone i would suggest getting either a debug from the gateway through which the call is supposed to go out or get a detailed callmanager trace for a test call. Also, check if only one 8831 is affected or if there are other 8831's in the system that are working fine.

Manish

Hi Mnish,

I've checked and yes, there is, in the site, a 8831 phone with similar site parameters that is able to dial external numbers correctly.

A few suggestions / questions:

Any chance of swapping these two 8831's if they are at same site? Do you get a fast busy or some other message when external calls fail? Can you try deleting and readding the phone in cucm.

Manish

Deven Gandhi
Level 1
Level 1

If this is the only phone impacted, I would perform hard factory reset on the phone.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/collaboration-endpoints/unified-ip-conference-phone-8831/119143-technote-ip-phone-00.html

ishelp001
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is an old post but I thought I would share what fixed this for me.

It turns out the specific line settings for the phone had the incorrect phone number mask so my SIP provider was rejecting the call. Something to look at if anyone else runs into this issue.