cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8832 Phone USB-C Cable issues?

JJMakowski
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not sure why Cisco went with a USB-C connector for network/POE to this phone.

Has anyone else had issues with the USB-C cable pulling out if the cable catches while someone is moving the phone on the table?

In a larger room where only a few may sit at the table, staff may move the phone closer to them.  If the cable gets any resistance it can pull out of the back of the phone, essentially killing both network and power to the phone.  If a call is going on when this happens, they lose the call.

Anyone see this and have a solution?

Thanks,

Jim

3 Replies 3

Ferry
Level 1
Level 1

Superglue

Ferry
Level 1
Level 1

Oke, Oke that was a not so funny joke...

The former Spider conference unit 8831 had the wires on the bottom this was not easy pulling them out. the new ones 8832 are still here in a box awaiting an daisy chain solution for the EU. and i saw the connector on one side. 

I will follow the post to see if anyone else has a clue to fix the USB-C in place. 

Thanks for the response.  Let me know if you figure something out.  The cable doesn't pull out easily, but any good yank will pull it out. 

We're going to check Amazon and see if we can find something that may have a sticky part to connect to the phone and some ziptie or Velcro to secure to the cable.