cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8841 - Call Manager Background Image Field

Alex Rich
Level 1
Level 1

Any special syntax to get the background image field to pull an image? This setting is on the body of the phone in call manager close to the bottom. Assuming that is what this field is for. For example I tried with one of the stock images /Desktops/800x480x24/syn_wallpaper_05.png but it did not make any changes to the phone.

Thanks,

Alex

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

We had the same problem.  To resolve it, we unchecked the option "enable end user to access phone background", under -> Device -> Device settings -> common phone profile.

!!!!!! Just an fyi, all phones using that specific profile restarted when we changed this parameter.  All connected calls were dropped!! !!!!!

HTH
If this helps, please rate.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming the image aligns with the settings for the particular phone model, and is in the right directory in the TFTP server, all you need is name.png

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Unfortunately that also did not work. syn_wallpaper_02.png which is a background that came with the firmware and is on the correct TFTP and select-able from the phone UI.

Let's start with this, if you try to change it manually, does it work???

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yes it does.

We had the same problem.  To resolve it, we unchecked the option "enable end user to access phone background", under -> Device -> Device settings -> common phone profile.

!!!!!! Just an fyi, all phones using that specific profile restarted when we changed this parameter.  All connected calls were dropped!! !!!!!

HTH
If this helps, please rate.

We have around 10,000 devices (phones, gateways, trunks....) associated with that profile. Thank you for the heads up that would have been hard to talk my way out of. I will see if I can get someone to sign off on me testing this after hours.

Hey Alex,

Have you made the change?

If so, did it resolve your issue?

Did your phones restart and active calls drop?

I was surprised the active calls were dropped within our network, when the change was made to the phone profile.  Never a good thing. (:

I was able to verify what you said is correct. I have not changed the setting on the default profile though as I did not want to risk bringing everything down.

Thanks!

The actual change/save should have not restarted/reset any devices unless "Apply Config", or "Restart/Reset" was used.

The best way to pilot changes of this nature is to copy out the common phone profile and manually set the copied profile to a single test phone first.

If the common phone profile was linked to a gateway and then subsequently reset, this would cause problems with call drops.  

To avoid issues like this (dropped calls as a result of common phone profile restart/reset), avoid reliance on using the default (or a single) common phone profile for gateways/trunks and phones.

Darin Walker
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone successfully done this similar process with a EX Series model?  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: