Views
Helpful
Replies

8841 IP Phones Default Ringtones

JustForVoice_2
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I have CUCM 9.1 and Cisco IP Phones 8841. Before adding the phones to CUCM I can see the options of Ringtones. After adding the phones to CUCM no Ringtones option in setting menu. Any help?

I did not add any ringtone, I just want to see the default ringtones.

Regards,

17 Replies 17

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What option do you have for the settings menu in the CUCM config??? 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you for your reply.

I'm sorry I did not get what you want me to check. I tried to open the phone page Device>Phone> but I did not find settings menu.

Could you please give me more details?

Regards,

Under the configuration for the device, you configure the level of access to the settings options

Indicates whether the settings button can be used to change the phone configuration. When settings access is disabled, this also prevents the ringer volume from being adjusted and any audio level adjustments from being saved.
  This is a required field.
  Default: Enabled
HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

It's enabled and I can even change the Wallpaper, font ... but Ringtones option is removed from the list.

do you have one call manager ? if you have multiple server then try to register it with other servers. And search for xml files in cucm (all server) ( OS admin -> tftp -> search for .xml )

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

It appears that you will need to push this info to the ip phones from TFTP server using the following procedure

1. Download the Ringlist-wb.xml from the CUCM using any TFTP client (eg : TFTP32)
2. Edit the file, add the below content :
         <Ring>
         <DisplayName>Classic 1</DisplayName>
         <FileName>Classic1.raw</FileName>
         </Ring>
         <Ring>
         <DisplayName> Classic 2</DisplayName>
         <FileName> Classic2.raw</FileName>
         </Ring>

3. Save the file. Go to CUCM OS Admin Page > Software Upgrades > TFTP File Management, upload the file
4. Restart TFTP service
4. Reset the phones

Below is the reference for the phone ring-list customization :

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/8831/9_3_3/english/adminguide/CS38_BK_A8C4AC51_00_adminguide-8831/CS38_BK_A8C4AC51_00_adminguide-8831_chapter_0110.html#CS38_TP_R29847B7_00

Manish

Thank you for your support.

Do you mean no ringtones -only one- by default ?

I do not want to add custom ringtones, all what I want to do is to give the customer the option to select from different options.

Are you able to see any ringtones when you go to the Preferences option on the IP phone?

Manish

No, I can see Wallpaper , Brightness, but no Ringtones.

Then please use the procedure described in my initial mail and it should help.

Manish

Does it affect the cluster or only 8841 phones?

Hi,

This affects all phones accessing the Ringlist-wb.xml file

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/8811_8841_8851_8861/10_5/english/adminguide/P881_BK_C0632068_00_cisco-ip-phone-8811-8841/P881_BK_C0632068_00_cisco-ip-phone-8811-8841_chapter_01010.html

Manish

So, while my problem only with 8800 series can I change the firmware? I do not want any interruption for other models like 9900 and 7900.

You can upgrade the firmware of 88xx series separately but it may not fix the issue.

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: