cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8841 phone softkeys

lindseybeans
Level 1
Level 1

I have replaced some older model phones with the 8841 series phones. The older phones had the iDivert feature as a softkey. I am trying to create an iDivert softkey to mirror what these users had previously on the 8841. I have managed to get a "Decline" softkey to show when the phone is on-hook. Research makes this sound like the equivalent to iDivert. The issue is that when the phone rings, the only softkey that is available is "Answer". There are no other choices at that time.

Has anyone else experienced this and figured out how to correct it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Les Pruden
Level 4
Level 4

This is easy to set up.  Find out what softkey template you have assigned to the phone.  Then look at this template --> Device --> Device Settings --> Softkey Template

When you open that template you will just see the general information.  Click on the Related Links GO button - top right to configure the softkey layout

Choose --> Ring In <-- from the drop down --> Select a call state to configure

Move iDivert to the Selected Softkeys box and save. 

When a new call rings the phone you can choose --> Decline <-- from the pop up and the call should go to mail.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Les Pruden
Level 4
Level 4

This is easy to set up.  Find out what softkey template you have assigned to the phone.  Then look at this template --> Device --> Device Settings --> Softkey Template

When you open that template you will just see the general information.  Click on the Related Links GO button - top right to configure the softkey layout

Choose --> Ring In <-- from the drop down --> Select a call state to configure

Move iDivert to the Selected Softkeys box and save. 

When a new call rings the phone you can choose --> Decline <-- from the pop up and the call should go to mail.

Thank you. I was overlooking the Ring in drop down!

toner
Level 1
Level 1