cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8845 camera will not activate unless both sides open shutter

gunnydaman
Level 1
Level 1

I have two CUCM's at my location on two seperate networks. For some reason or another, the 8845's on the first network allow for only one camera to work at a time, meaning I can see the user but they can't see me. However, on the second network, I have to rotate both camera lenses on both phones in order for the camera feed to begin.

Is there some special setting in CUCM 12.5 that I need to toggle to allow for only one way camera viewing?

Thanks,

Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello gunnydaman,

I am not aware of such a configuration of the CUCM, could you check if the 8845 series phones have the same firmware on both of your CUCM enviroments?

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Could you please clarify the following:

1) Are those 2 CUCM on the same cluster, ie Pub-Sub?

2) On your test, when the same 8845 phones move to another vlan (network), change video performance?

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Hello George,

CUCM are not on the same Subs. Both are completely independent of one another. Video performance is fine on both but for some strange reason, the phones on one of the networks require both cameras on both phones to be open before a video feed is established.

I don't think it is a video quality problem, I think there is some sort of command on the  CUCM that requires both physical phone cameras to be toggled open before video is established.

Hello gunnydaman,

I am not aware of such a configuration of the CUCM, could you check if the 8845 series phones have the same firmware on both of your CUCM enviroments?

George

So it turns out it was a firmware issue. The firmware on both CUCM's was different and CUCM withe the older firmware was the one that had the problem.

Thanks,

Matt