cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8845 phone right side soft buttons customization?

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

i have 8845 phone that have 5 soft buttons on each right and left side of the screen , but i cant seem to figure out how to customize the right side 5 buttons of the screen? as under the phone page on cucm it isnt affected by the lines section or it is affected by the soft key template???

6 Replies 6

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In order to be able to use the buttons on the right hand side, you will need to upgrade the FW to 11.5(1) that will provide the Enhanced Line mode capability. Refer below for more details:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/8800-series/firmware/releasenotes/p881_b_cisco-ip-phone-8800-series.html#reference_C0581B37033CCE5B7DB882BC338DC886

Regards

Deepak

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Below pic provides detail on the 8845 layout

Phone button templates let you assign speed dials and call-handling features to programmable buttons. Call-handling features that can be assigned to buttons include Answer, Mobility, and All Calls.

check the below link for details

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/8800-series/english/adminguide/P881_BK_C136782F_00_cisco-ip-phone-8800_series/P881_BK_C136782F_00_cisco-ip-phone-8811-8841_chapter_01011.html?bookSearch=true#P881_RF_F36F59E3_00

HTH

JB

robertmh1
Level 1
Level 1

I realize this post is almost 2 years old now, but I really battled to find the answer this relatively simple question. So I thought I would share the solution here. 

As long as you are running relatively current firmware on the phone, all you need to do is in CUCM, go to the devices configuration for the phone you want to change, navigate to the very bottom, and you will see an option for "Line Mode". Change this to "Enhanced" and apply. Done. Your additional speed dials will now appear on the right hand side.

Robert

Beautiful...Thank you very much

Thank you @robertmh1 , your reply saved my day.

Outstanding, thank you so much for sharing this.