cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8851 / Always use Prime Line setting

aaron.banks11
Level 1
Level 1

I have an 8851 that has a personal line and 2 other shared lines.  When I change the "Always use Prime Line" on the device to On, I can't answer the other 2 shared lines (not even by pushing the line button).  I have never experienced this on an 8851.  The reason the prime line setting was changed is to force select the line that is ringing.

Any suggestions?

5 Replies 5

Aeby Vinod
Level 3
Level 3
Are you able to answer the call by pressing the second line (shared line) and then pressing the answer key.

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I’d suggest using the Show All Calls On Primary Line and Revert to All Calls settings and leave Always Use Prime Line disabled. If using firmware below 11.7, also enable Actionable Incoming Call Alert since it’s off by default in older versions.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/8800-series/english/adminguide/P881_BK_C136782F_00_cisco-ip-phone-8800_series/P881_BK_C136782F_00_cisco-ip-phone-8811-8841_chapter_01011.html

This solution worked for me as well for an issue a user had where her phone was defaulting to whatever line was picked up last. She wanted it to default her line every time instead. These changes helped make that possible. Thanks Jonathan!!!

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Hi and thank you for the suggestion. I would try this if there was no resolution but as it stands, the fix does work. I would rather implement a fix before asking the user to modify the way they do things normally.

Thanks again.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: