cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8851/CM 10.5/ Unprovisioned Error Message

Emily Sharrard
Level 1
Level 1

We are in the testing phase for an upgrade to 10.5.  I can successfully add pre-existing devices to CM.  However, when I attempt to add a new 8851 I get "provisioned" error message

I verified the MAC address, configured the phone with a DN

We are using an Alternate TFTP, I have the two alternates configured.

Phone has an IP address, subnet mask, Default router and DNS Server.  However, It is not receiving VLAN information.

Getting a status error message of TFTP Error: SK41b95def- so on and so forth.xml.sgn

I can't tell if for some reason the phone can't get to TFTP, or it gets there an fails.

I do notice that the phone is not listed in "Device Defaults" but under "Dual Back Information" within the Device defaults page.

5 Replies 5

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/8811_8841_8851_8861/firmware/10-2-2/releasenotes/P881_BK_81C61BA9_00_8800-phone-series-rn-10_2_2/P881_BK_81C61BA9_00_8800-phone-series-rn-10_2_2_chapter_00.html#P881_TP_U1F7C210_00

Can you try setting up the Primary DN and then try.

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak,

I confirmed, it does have a primary DN configured.

Thanks,

Emily

What does the phone logs says??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Samuel T Mathai
Level 1
Level 1

Make sure its having right load file. Go to switch and do sh cdp neighbour  <fastethernet or gig x/x> details and see if you seeing firmware there.. 

Thanks for the info.  Before seeing your message I was able to make some progress by entering only one TFTP server on the phone.  Think we still have some kinks to work out, but I appreciate everyone's feedback.