Views
Helpful
Replies

8851 Expansion Modules Issue

Dominic Ellis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We've purchased a 8851 with 2 expansion modules.

The modules have been attached to the phone.

In call manager 9.1 I can see the 2 BEKEM Expansion Modules showing on the Phone.

I've created the Phone button Template and assigned to the phone - setup as speed dials.

I added the speed dials in the device.

Nothing shows on the Expansion modules.

They are powered up and the screen is blue with nothing showing.

I've checked and the USB Side Port is enabled.

The phone & expansion modules are remote to me so it cannot check myself physically

and not setup a 8851 with expansion before.

Any Help and thoughts please as to what the issue may be would be appreciated.

Regards

Dominic

10 Replies 10

Deepak Mehta
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I believe are using 8800 series KEM modules and with 8851 we can have two KEM Modules however they are not supported over POE.

Separate power cube 4 will need to power them.So can you confirm the power supply and also i hope you can see the main 8851 phone is showing registered to the CUCM.

isco IP Phone 8851 and 8851NR

Cisco IP Phone 8861

Accessories

802.3af PoE

802.3at PoE

Cisco IP Phone Power Cube 4

802.3af PoE

802.3at PoE

Cisco IP Phone Power Cube 4

1 KEM

Supported

Supported

Supported

Not supported

Supported

Supported

2 KEM

Not supported

Not supported

Supported

Thanks for your Reply Deepak - The devices are powered up and have the Cube 4 installed on them.

Thank you for confirming .

Does Add on module shows line appeances on phone config.( As captured in below screen)

Also if the phone is up and add on module connected properly then it should work.

May be you can give it a try with another phone.

Thanks for that - I've actually set them up as speed dials and they do show as per your capture. Trouble is I only have 1 x 8851

So it does sound like an issue - not a mis-configured on my side.

What is the phone firmware version?

Regards

Deepak

sip88xx.11-0-1-11

This looks like the latest firmware which does support KEM.

If phone is registered then it should work unless we have some issues with module's.

1) Just try with one KEM module

2) Try a factory reset of the phone. 

Perhaps other experts can comment if we are missing anything on this. 

Regards,

Deepak 

Hi all,

I am sorry if this has been answered or in the wrong spot.

I have a Cisco 8861 with two expansion modules. They have been configured and added. They are powered on. One is programmed partially on page 1. Id like to continue configuring them however idk how to add them through configuration. I unfortunately do not have a gui or third party control. My only option is through cli. I was assisted earlier and lost the information to continue. I know it’s on DN 13 and so far buttons 1-14 have been programmed as BLFs the rest id like to do speed dials. 
I’m a newbie to this stuff so go easy on me..

Kaloyan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

According to the system requirements, the KEM modules are not supported on your CUCM version and phone firmware version. Refer to Table 3 in this documentation https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/ip-phone-8851-8861-key-expansion-module/datasheet-c78-739846.html.

KEMreq.JPG

You need to upgrade both your CUCM and the phone firmware. 

I appreciate your reply however I don’t know if you were telling me my firmware or cucm wasn’t updated but the modules are working I just need to add more info to it and was asking if it’s on a specific DN how to configure it through putty.

it’s been done already I just lost the information on how to do it. 

thanks 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: