Views
Helpful
Replies

8851 No Background Images in 12.0

PRendon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My company has a bunch of 8800 series phones, mainly 8851NRs. We have some phones on FW 11.5 SR1 and lately we've been upgrading to 12.0 SR1. When making these upgrades, we haven't been changing anything with the phone profiles except the firmware. We allow users to select backgrounds and we have the images loaded on our TFTP server with the modified List.xml. When our phones are using 11.5, the images load (albeit it takes up to 30 minutes to load all of the thumbnails). But when they use 12.0, no images appear in the selection except the default background image.

So I have these two problems to resolve:

1. Why don't the images load for FW 12.0?

2. Why do the images take up to 30 minutes to load for FW 11.5? (We have restarted the TFTP services and servers with no change in this. We have at least 20 background images to choose from.)

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Get phone logs and TFTP logs to review if the phone is indeed looking for the List.xml and if the issue is indeed with the FW, or if there is some problem with the TFTP providing those files.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Where am I pulling the TFTP logs from?

From the server that has TFTP enabled and that is providing the files to the phones.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate