Views
Helpful
Replies

8851 phone unable to transfer when new call comes in

Tyler-Paquet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a client using 8851 IP phones, with a Call Manager. When the client gets a call on the first line, they're able to pick up the line, and the softkeys change to the "Connected" state, which one of the options is transferring. When a new call comes in while the operator is on the phone, the softkeys get overwritten with "Answer" "Decline" and "Ignore", blocking the ability to transfer the first line.

I was wondering if there was a way to allow the operator to still transfer the first connected line while the second line is ringing? It's been a problem the client has been encountering for a long while now.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

Why not set up a native call queuing hunt pilot so calls are queued until the operator is available to handle it. Understand not the question your asking but just food for thought.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

Why not set up a native call queuing hunt pilot so calls are queued until the operator is available to handle it. Understand not the question your asking but just food for thought.

I'll definitely give this a thought. Once I get a hold of the client, see if this is an idea for sure.

Thank you for the reply

Happy to help feel free to rate if helpful. If you need help with the native call queuing config let me know.

For some reason, your idea gave me the idea to check another quick solutions: Adding the Transfer button to the phone's side buttons instead of the softkey buttons. I tried with a small test setup here in our lab, and it seems like it can work (although I was using a 7975 and not an 8851)

Will still keep your suggestion in heart, but I might be able to get away with this idea too.

I don’t have a phone in front of me but have you tried just deselecting the first call by pressing the button on the right side of the display that corresponds to it? I would expect the soft keys to change back to a Connected state for that call.

I agree with Jonathan that is what I would expect to happen but any operator who handles large volumes of calls I like the native call queuing option or Cuac.  

I accepting this as the solution. Unfortunately, the way these 88xx phones work is that when a new call comes it, it flashes the answer buttons, completely denying you of your other buttons. While manually re-selecting the first line either on the right or left of the phone is a manual way to regain control, it's also annoying to remember to click the second line, and then press answer.

We shall see what the customer thinks of all this. Thanks for your input :)

Change Actionable Incoming Call Alert * setting on phone to Disabled

Change Line mode on phone to session Line Mode

Above changes will make an 88XX series phone users experience similiar to a 79XX phone. Much more user friendly !