Views
Helpful
Replies

8851 Phones rebooting randomly

Vishal Bhardwaj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

For Customer ABC we deployed 8851 Phones for their Contact center ( around 80). They are using Finesse/UCCE. CUCM ver is 9.1.2. 

Issue: Randomly any 8851 phone will reboot. It will go through the whole power cycle and Agent will have to login again to Extension Mobility and Finesse.

Steps taken (Issue still not resolved as of now):

1) Customer had 3560 series switches. At that time there were almost 15 to 20 phone resets were happening in a day.

2) Changed Switches to 3750G. Reset reduced to almost around 2 a day. (Seems like a cabling issue at this point)

3) Cabling tests were done by third party company using Fluke. Results came green and OK.

4) Patch cables from Phone to Jack was replaced with a Cat6 but no difference.

5) Speed and Duplex on phone and Switch was hard-coded to 1000 Full but again no difference.

6) Firmware upgraded on all phones as suggested by TAC but since then it's almost 6 phones a day which are rebooting. Possibly rollback for that either today or tomorrow.

Next Steps scheduled to be taken:

1) Put a Sniffer/Pcap to capture all the IP traffic and go on from there.

2) Hard-code the Speed and Duplex to 100 and FULL.

3) Possibly put few 7900 series phone to see if it's SIP causing the issue.

The issue is still not resolved so if anyone is experiencing similar situation or had faced in past, Please share your thoughts. I did read a few forums where people faced similar issue and for some it got resolved by replacing switches or by changing port security timer setting on Switch. We haven't tried port security timer yet but will update if we ended up doing it.

I will update this if issue gets resolved or about the steps taken, meanwhile please share any information you think can help out here.

Thanks

16 Replies 16

I know this is an old post, but we're seeing KEM modules on 8851s reboot occasionally as well.  Was there any definitive resolution on this that you're aware of?

Thanks,

Hello,

Did you find a fix for this?  We're seeing the same thing with KEMs on 8851 (rebooting occasionally).  FW update didn't seem to help.

Thanks,