cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8851's with shared lines and functionality

schwabcm
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user who is on a 8851 with a primary and shared line.  Phone firmware is 12-1-1-12 at this time.  They are unable to put the primary on hold and select an incoming call for the shared line without hanging up the handset.  They've been able to do this before, but it has stopped working.  Any thoughts on why this is happening and how to resolve it?  I've reviewed similar setups and cannot see anything different, and we've replaced the phone (supercopy).

4 Replies 4

TomMar1
Level 3
Level 3

When you say shared line I assume it is just another DN on a key other than line 1.

Are they getting the pop up Answer soft key when the calls comes in on the secondary line?  That should place the active call on hold and answer the ringing call.  If they are not getting the pop up Answer button I would check the Ring Settings for the secondary line, I would also check the softkey template applied to that device and ensure in the Ring In state the Answer button is there.

Have you been able to replicate this or are you just taking the end users word for it?

I'm verifying with the user about the answer key.  We haven't changed anything on our network and all of our regular softkey and ring settings are still in place.  This user claims it worked fine before thanksgiving, but now it doesn't.  It's puzzling, but I can definitely play with the ring settings.  We use system defaults for a lot of that on our devices/DN's.

I have verified the user can see the Answer button and that works for her, I think she's been doing it wrong the whole time.  

One other question, is there a setting in the device or DN that helps for the caller to get dial from whatever appearance they were on without having to press the switchhook manually?  It should automatically give dial tone once the handset is picked up.

You dont need to press any hook switch, For the dial tone. When you lift the handset it should give you Dial tone. if it doesn't work, then you need to think of RMA.(if smartnet available) 

Response Signature