Views
Helpful
Replies

8861 expansion module

David Harrell
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have an 8861 that I am trying to add a BEKEM to, but the phone keeps displaying an alert that "A device on side USB port is drawing too much power". I have tried two 8861s now, with both displaying the message. I have tried with POE and with a PowerCube4. The phones do not see the expansion module, but it is added within the phone config page in CUCM 11. I have also created a button template and applied it to the device. This is my only BEKEM module, and I am beginning to wonder if it is faulty.

5 Replies 5

hauchinango
Level 3
Level 3

I am having similar issues.  Did you ever get this resolved?

Yes, the unit was faulty. I had it replaced and the new unit has been working fine with no issues.

Yep, same here.  I had 10 or so laying around.  The two that I were troubleshooting with were both defective.  I replaced with a new one and all is well.

gc9731
Level 1
Level 1

We had a similar problem with the 8851 and of course that requires the PowerCube4 to power the 2nd KEM.  It might be your switch is not capable of the additional power requirements, have you checked the POE wattage draw on that port.  The config for the port may be hard set at a lower wattage.

GC

Unit was faulty. 4506e had plenty of POE available. Replacement unit has been operating fine. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: