Views
Helpful
Replies

8861 Phone wireless authentication Problem

ackarabas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

We have 8861 ip phone to work with wireless at our private customer. When we try to register this phone with the wireless to Call Manager 10.5, Telephone cannot succeed to register , however  when we try  to update like change language, we can succeed.. But line application can not work.

Any thought?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Havenater23
Level 1
Level 1

Running into a slightly similar problem. When trying to register over a wireless network it'll show "Phone is registering" the entire time. Pulled some logs, core dumps, and stats from the phone web interface, but it's really odd to me. It essentially accepts the config, but doesn't go anywhere from there. I'm gonna try doing a firmware upgrade, apparently there is a known bug for registering over the wireless taking a long time. Not entirely sure. 

CSCuo87758 - wireless 8861 phone takes long time to register after associate to AP

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Havenater23
Level 1
Level 1

Running into a slightly similar problem. When trying to register over a wireless network it'll show "Phone is registering" the entire time. Pulled some logs, core dumps, and stats from the phone web interface, but it's really odd to me. It essentially accepts the config, but doesn't go anywhere from there. I'm gonna try doing a firmware upgrade, apparently there is a known bug for registering over the wireless taking a long time. Not entirely sure. 

CSCuo87758 - wireless 8861 phone takes long time to register after associate to AP