cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8861 phones slow dial off hook

putney_m
Level 1
Level 1

I am running into an issue with the 8861 phones we have. When you dial off hook there is a 10-15 second delay in the call going out. I have adjusted the t302 timer to the lowest value and that helped a little but we are still seeing the delay. However if the phone id dialed on hook and then goes off hook then the call goes through without a delay. 

I did find bug CSCup99586 which seems to be the opposite problem from what we are running into. 

We do not see this happen on the 7821 or 7811 phones on the same system. 

All the phones are running firmware 11.5(1)SR1 and the call manager version is 11.5.1.11900-26

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Michael 

2 Replies 2

Daniel Kulp
Level 1
Level 1

I had an issue similar to this when i was adding SIP phones and using SIP dial rules on the instruments.  What I ended up having to do was adjust the rules so it only effected the keys that I needed the dail rules for

at
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

with FW 12.1.1.SR1-4 (available for some 78xx and some 88xx) Cisco introduces a new parameter: Enbloc Dialing (def. disabled).

That would solve your problem 

But for working this FW you should first install the latest Device Pack 11.5.1.15078

Look here for the details :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/8800-series/firmware/12-1-1-SR1/releasenotes/p881_b_8800-series-release-notes-1211SR1.html#CUIP_TP_F543354A_00

Features Available with the Latest Cisco Unified Communications Manager Device Pack

The following sections describe features in the release which require the new firmware and the latest Cisco Unified Communications Manager Device Pack.

For information about the Cisco Unified IP Phones and the required Cisco Unified Communications Manager device packs, see the following URL:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/devpack_comp_mtx.html

Enbloc Dialing

You can now place calls quicker with Enbloc Dialing. When enabled, this feature eliminates the delay often experienced when dialing a phone number during the following scenarios:

• On hook dialing and redialing

• Speed dial and Speed dial BLF

• Voice mail

• Calls that are made from your Recent list

• Calls that are made from your Directory

Previously users experienced a delay of up to 15 seconds when placing a call.

Administrators can find the Enbloc Dialing parameter in the Product Specific Configuration Layout section of CUCM. When enabled, it overrides the T.302 timer and the entire dialed string is sent to the CUCM once the dialing is complete.

Here is the "BugID" Explanation:

add new parameter "enbloc dialing" for 78xx/88xx phones(expect 8821/8831).
CSCvj46611

Description
Symptom:
add new parameter "enbloc dialing" for 78xx/88xx phones(expect 8821/8831).

Conditions:
there are some customers who have variable length dial plan like 1234! as their outgoing pattern.
while with the SCCP phone, onhook dial will go out immediately after use clicks dial, not waiting the T302 timer, which is defautl 15 seconds.

with this new parameter, in this condition, onhook dial/speed dial/BLF speed dial/onhook dial from call history/on hook dial from personal directory/onhook dial from coporate directory will not wait the T302 timer.

Workaround:
NA

regards
Alex