Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8861 - User interface different ?

Hello I'm new to the Cisco community. I'm looking to know why is my User interface significantly different from what we see in all the product sheets? See attached versus what I see. I've searched in the settings and aside from wallpaper I can't customize anything... Am I missing something?

Other question, I've connected an iPhone via bluetooth, is it normal that address book won't sync at all ?

Thanks in advance.

8851_8861_applications.jpgIMG_0751.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You have MPP firmware, the screen shots are from the default firmware which register on Cisco CUCM

That might be the difference

JH

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

If it's about upgrading firmware... there is no tFTP settings in phone...at all !

Did you look through that thread..? Firmware was one of two ideas. 

Yes I did, my issue is not the same, he’s talking about ringtones

You're not able to edit ringtones.

Let's start with what's in that thread and we can go forward from there. 

I’m talking about the whole user interface and settings that are not
the same, nothing to do with ringtones...

What is the firmware and on what system are you registered?

JH

sip88xx.11-0-0MPP-7.loads

You have MPP firmware, the screen shots are from the default firmware which register on Cisco CUCM

That might be the difference

JH

What's the difference ?

MPP firmware allows Cisco IP phones to register on non Cisco PBX (Communication Manager)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collaboration-endpoints/ip-phones/multiplatform-firmware.html

Bye

Jan

Is it possible to upgrade to SIP v 12 on a CP-8861-3PCC ?

The latest mpp firmware is 11.0(0.7)

The 12 version is the enterprise Cisco SIP firmware which you need to connect to Cisco CUCM

As far as I know when your phone has MPP firmware you can't switch to Cisco enterprise firmware

Jan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: