Views
Helpful
Replies

8865 Key Expansion Module not powering up

PT18
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are trying to setup an 8865 phone with 8865 KEM (dual screen, 14 buttons, 2 pages), however, the module does not seem to be coming up. At one stage, we received an alert stating "Accessory Added: The phone is not setup for the expansion module" however, there seems to be no backlight or any activity on the expansion module.

Phone has been setup with KEM and phone button template (10 lines + 28 BLF) in CUCM, running 12.0.1-SR1 firmware on CUCM 10.5.2. Switch is 2960X and hence is capable of 802.3at (PoE+).

Total drawn Inline power on port is 14.7 watts irrespective of having KEM connected to phone.

Is there anything else I could check? Is there anyway to check whether expansion module is receiving power? I'd assume it receives power from side USB port on phone which, by the way, is also enabled on CUCM under product specific configuration.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

25 Replies 25

I have solved the problem.

In the device phone configuration you have to go to tab Product Specific Configuration Layou
go to Power Negotiation besure that this is disabled and then it is working.

jmn
Level 1
Level 1
I had this problem with 8851 extension module and firmware sip88xx.12-1-1SR1-4.

I resolved this with the following settings:

Device>>Phone

Select the IP Phone that you want to change.

Go to Tab Product Specific Configuration Layout

Go to Power Negotiation and set this on Disabled

and now it is working

I am running into the same issues and all others.

I have the latest CUCM version 12.0.1

Latest 8865 firmware 12.1

I have tried anything but i get the error that the phone is not set up for the expansion module.

What else is needed to get this working?!

best regards

Jón Ragnar

Hi All, 

This is related to the same problem where we're trying to add expansion module CP-8800-A-KEM= 28 Button with Cisco 8861 and getting error on the phone "Disabled by Admin". 

Where as 36 Button Module is working fine with the same phone. 

Any Suggestions? 

Thanks 

I found I had to set "One Column Display for KEM*" to ENABLED to get the CP-8800-A-KEM to work with the 8851 in CUCM 10.5.2.   The new 28 button phone models are designed for single column display.   I bet the same is required for the V model.  The setting is at the bottom of the Product Specific Configuration Layout

Does anyone know if the 8800 VKEM is compatible with the 8865-3PCC? My sidecar isn't powering up either.

Is all config set properly? Was the KEM type set on ATT console page?

A separate topic would be preferred for MPP issues.

Thanks for the response. I am a beginner and not sure if I have set it up correctly on the Att console. Are there instructions somewhere that would help me to ensure that it is set up correctly on the 8865-3PCC?

Many thanks

Hello! I have same problem with 8861(sip88xx.12-0-1-11), 8800-A-KEM and CME 12.0 ((C2900-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.7(3)M5, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1))

Is existing some way for fix the problem?

Thanks in advance!

See related post "CP-8800-Audio 28 Button Key Expansion Module"
https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/cp-8800-audio-28-button-key-expansion-module/td-p/3507075
You must enable One Column Display for KEM or the CP-8800-A-KEM won't work - commonly missed config requirement

Marcos Eusebio
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same issue when I replaced a damaged 8851 IP-Phone, I solved the issue changing the phone button template to a generic 8851 phone button template, cause I've made a device copy from the damaged, and it had its own MAC-phone button template. After that change and a phone reset, the KEM turned on, and able to configure the speed dials.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: