Views
Helpful
Replies

8865 Phone Video through computer feature usage

@Syed
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All,

I have got 8865 video phone and I want to use this feature on the phone called 'Video through Computer'.

Can anyone help with prerequisites and the use case, please.

I have referred the below link but there is no much info.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/995155/Cisco-8811.html?page=123#manual

Thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Unger
Level 7
Level 7

Hi There,

I have never used this feature (I am a heavy softphone user so I do all audio/video through my PC). However, I will try and point you in the right direction and let you know how I got there:

1. I first did some research on the feature you mentioned in the 8800 phone user guide:
    https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/8800-series/english/user-guide/P881_BK_C3A802A0_00_cisco-ip-phone-8800-user_guide.pdf

2. The user guide states you need to meet the following pre-requisites:
    1. You need the latest version of Cisco Media Services Interface (MSI) and one of the following products:
      1. Cisco Jabber for Windows 9.7(5) or later
      2. Cisco Jabber for Mac 10.8.1 or later

3. If you have a Cisco CCO and valid contract you should be able to download a recent copy of Jabber along with the Jabber Desk Phone Video Services Interface. I was able to find a copy of the Jabber Desk Phone Video Services Interface here (version 4.1.8 if you are running Windows 10).

4. If you also take a look at the Jabber for Windows deployment guide, there are some additional requirements as well:
    1. Review the Configure Desk Phone Video, Desk Phone Video Considerations, and Troubleshooting Desk Phone Video sections for more details.

A few additional points:

1. Can you describe your use case? Your 8865 phone has video capabilities built in. Are you perhaps receiving a presentation share and it is too small on the desk phone screen?

2. This method adds considerable overhead to a deployment as you now have to manage 2 software packages on the client (Jabber AND Deskphone Video Services Interface). If you want to use video on the PC you might be better off configuring a softphone device on CUCM and plugging in a USB headset to the PC.

Anyone else on the forums is welcome to hop in with their experiences as well!

Let us know how it goes!

- J

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: