Views
Helpful
Replies

8875 MPP version of the phone

mixalisen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I was wondering if there is an MPP (multiplatform) version of  the 8875 phone. For example 8865 comes with the code 3PW or 3PCC. If it does, does someone knows the part number?

Thank you! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The data sheet implies this by omission, as @Ibrahim AlQumairi quoted, but I checked with the Cisco product management team to be sure. The 8875 does not support non-Cisco call control platforms that MPP phones have traditionally worked with as of today (September 2023). There are plans to add those capabilities but NDAs prevent me from sharing specifics publicly. If you intend to buy phones from Cisco through an authorized reseller I suggest reaching out to your Cisco account team for timing and further details. A sufficiently large order may even allow you to influence that timing.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The 8875 has a unified firmware build called PhoneOS; there are not MPP and Enterprise variants.

mixalisen
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Jonathan,

So I guess it can work with a 3rd party PBX system, correct?

The data sheet implies this by omission, as @Ibrahim AlQumairi quoted, but I checked with the Cisco product management team to be sure. The 8875 does not support non-Cisco call control platforms that MPP phones have traditionally worked with as of today (September 2023). There are plans to add those capabilities but NDAs prevent me from sharing specifics publicly. If you intend to buy phones from Cisco through an authorized reseller I suggest reaching out to your Cisco account team for timing and further details. A sufficiently large order may even allow you to influence that timing.

Hi,

Was looking for this feature as well; mpp or perhaps Teams phone native support, no dates available for this yet?

Thanks

As the Data Sheet of the CP 8875 Says:

Running on PhoneOS, the 8875 provides native support for Cisco Unified Communication manager, Webex DI, Webex for Broadworks and Webex Calling with one single firmware load. Customers have the flexibility to switch between platforms as they need while maintaining with a consistent user interface.

Thanks Ibrahim!