Views
Helpful
Replies

88xx phone new indication

@Syed
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All,

I have recently upgraded 88xx phones' firmware version 12.5 to 12.7, and I am noticing a message when speak on call that ' i am a bit louder on the call ' .

may I know if I can remove this message.

4 Replies 4

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

Per the release notes for 12.7(1):

Lower Your Voice Alert

Users can help keep their phone conversations at an appropriate volume level with the Lower Your Voice alert.

When you speak loudly, a warning message displays on the phone screen. You can lower your voice or select Ignore.

This feature is enabled by default and is located in the phone settings menu if you want to disable it. It does not require any configuration in Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

Lower Your Voice is available for handsets and headsets only.

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Contact your Cisco AM/SE/PSS and ask them to push CSCvt04894 in your behalf.
NOTE: This Bug ID was "visible" on 17 February 2020 and is now "private".

Please see attachment for more details.  

To clarify, that bug ID is a Sev 6 Product Enhancement and not a fix to your issue.  Here is the bug from a previous Cisco Notification Alert.  If you aren't signed up to get these for your specific products and versions I highly recommend that you sign up for them.

Alert Type:

New

Bug Id:

CSCvt04894

Title:

CP-88xx - Make 'Lower Your Voice Alert' Disabled By Default

Open

Severity:

6 Enhancement

Description:

Symptom:
The 'Lower Your Voice Alert' feature was added in 12.7(1) and it is enabled by default.

This feature seems like something people should choose to enable rather than choose to disable; therefore, it is better to have this disabled by default.

Conditions:
78XX or 88XX phone using firmware version 12.7(1).

The phone asks the user to consider lowering their voice:

"That's a bit loud! Consider lowering your voice."

Workaround:
Lower your voice.

Press the ignore button.

Disable this feature from the phone settings as described in the release notes for the firmware.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/8800-series/firmware/12-7-1/releasenotes/p881_b_rns-8800-1271.html#reference_17986B4CF5C024C2FFC5234F34FA0885

Further Problem Description:
There is another enhancement which requests the ability to disable 12.7(1) features from CUCM.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvt01888

Last Modified:

15-Feb-2020

Known Affected Releases:

12.7(1)

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

I think multiple people need to flood TAC with this annoying "feature", actually bug.

What person decided to put that on the screen.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: