cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8941 phone issue

Siva chinap
Level 5
Level 5

Problem with 8941 phones,intialy phones get registered to CUCM 9.1  working fine

after applying device pack  78XX....8941 phones  showing upgrade i troubleshooted all the basic things i am wondering what could be the problem.

13 Replies 13

Siva chinap
Level 5
Level 5

Can any body suggest on this

Hi,

Was the cluster reboot done after applying the device pack on all the servers?

Can you try restarting the TFTP service on all the TFTP servers as well.

What is the exact message on the display of 8941 IP phones?

Are all of these phones remote to the TFTP server or even the phones local to the TFTP server facing the issue?

Manish

Hi Manish,

The cluster done multiple reboots & tftp service restarted several times,i am facing this issue after applying 7821 device pack,themessage 8941 showing stii upgrade.the phones are local.

Still the phone showing upgrading i did all the basic things,around 50 phone to deploy can any one recommend on this

Hi Siva,

what is the firmware version of 8941 IP phones and exact CUCM version ?

regds,

aman

Hi Amon,

We are using CUCM verison 9.1 & the firmware version for 8941 is SCCP8941_8945.9-4-1-9,i have been reigisters to sccp.

except this phone modles all device are registered,i am facing this issue after applying device pack for 7821.

Siva,

Is that the firmware the phones are running or the firmware they're trying to upgrade to?  You may be jumping too many versions at once.

Brian

Hi Siva,

If u are using CUCM version 9.1(2) with 9.4(1) for 8941 , u require a Device pack for the phone to work.Even though it was working earlier, can u check for Device Pack?also, share show version active

Also, cross-check as Brian has suggested.You can login through CLI  and run file list tftp *8941* to check the available firmwares.

regds,

aman

HI Amon,

Thanks for your reply,

I will download device will check it.

show version active

Active Master Version: 9.1.2.10000-28

Active Version Installed Software Options:

cmterm-8941_8945-sccp.9-4-1-9.cop

cmterm-android_9.1.1v1.cop...

Hi Brain,

Thanks for your reply,

I am trying to upgrade latest firmware version..

Hi ,

The issue resolved finally all my 8941 phones are registered

Hi Siva,

What u did ?

please share.

regds,

aman

Hi Amon,

The issue with firmware file.just uploaded the cmterm-894x-sccp.9-1-2-00.cop.sgn file & restarted my tftp server,

my phones got registered.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: