cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8945 auto transmit video

networknoob
Level 1
Level 1

We are set to deploy a few hundred 8945s. CUCM is set to enable video, but I'd like for every phone to not auto transmit video. I see in the preferences of the phone that you can turn auto transmit to off, which would make the user push the video mute button to enable video on the call. What I do not see is an easy way to have this option set to off by default when deploying the phones. Are there any easy solutions other than manually changing the setting on every phone?

2 Replies 2

Donald Jones
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Go to Device > Device Settings > Common Phone Profile Configuration.

you can disable video and cameras from there.

bdonadio
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone able to figure this one out?  I am about to deploy a few hundred of these phones and the client would like to have calls default to audio only and escalate to video if necessary.  Any way to set Auto Transmit Video options from CM? 

For testing I have changed this setting manually on a few phones.  It would also be very nice if we could set it to Minimize the video on the display by default.  This way the callers could see the call information since they wont be using the video the majority of the time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: