Helpful
Replies

8945 Phone not registered

sergio.avila
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i have CUCM 10.5 and i have done the following:

went to the path -device-phone-(looked up for an user)-selected one of the phones from the user and then i clicked delete.

Then i wanted to add it again but to an other user, so at the same path i selected ADD NEW.

I created the phone again and assigned the extension of the user. The phone says "Phone not registered" and at the CUCM appears "Registration: Rejected"

can anyone help me out with this? i do not know what to do exactly.

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Make sure you entered the correct mac address and phone type when adding the phone. Sounds like registration is being rejected because there is no configuration file and auto registration is disabled.

Brandon

Hello,

thanks for your answer....but i already checked that and it is okay....any other idea?

Hi -

What type of phone and what protocol are you building?  As Brandon notes it sounds like the device / type is not correct. Maybe you selected SCCP when the old phone was SIP. 

Also try to delete the security settings (Security settings on 88XX and 89XX phones or Trust list / ITL file on 79XX phones) from the phone itself.  It's possible you have a security or certificate issue on your CM.  Otherwise - provide a little more  information = phone type, protocol, load name etc. 

Regards,

Les

Guys i found the problem....it seems that i lost the vpn configuration, but for now, im away from the network and i dont have a site to site right now...so ill try that and then ill tell you if thats the problem...

Thanks for your help.