Views
Helpful
Replies

8961 call features don't work on CME

qilin zhang
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I installed the 8961 using sip on CME 8.8, and I have configured the feature-buttons on the template which includes call pickup, call park and transfers, and these feature buttons can display on the screen. But when I use these buttons, I get the busy tone, that means these feature buttons don't work.

Are there any other setting steps for using these call features?

Thanks

Kirin

10 Replies 10

Priyadarshini B.T
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi,

the below link will give you complete details,  go through the link and get back to me in case of any issues

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmesoftk.html

hope this helps.

Hi Priya,

I have tyied to modify the softkey, but it doesn't display on 8961, so I have to use the feature-button to support the pickup. For feature-button it can display on the screen, but actually doesn't work!

Also I find the notes in the doc:

SIP: Modifying Soft-Key Display

To modify the display of soft keys on SIP phones for different call states, perform the following steps.

Prerequisites

Cisco Unified CME 4.1 or a later version.

Restrictions

This feature is supported only for Cisco Unified IP Phones 7911G, 7941G, 7941GE, 7961G, 7961GE, 7970G, and 7971GE.

Thanks,

Kirin

hi,

the link which i previously sent you gives you information about which feature is supported on 8961 and which feature is not supported.

there are a few tables mentioned, which will give you a clear picture of compatibility.

Hi Priya,

Thanks, then how can I get the features run?  any other steps I lost?

let me send you a few more links which will give you step by step configuration of cal park, call transfer.....

so that you can clarify the configuration once,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmepark.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmetrans.html

and below is some useful information regarding soft key configuration on cme

Cisco Unified CME uses the existing softkey command under voice  register template configuration mode to control the controllable  feature soft keys on phones. Cisco Unified CME generates a featurePolicy.xml file for each voice register template configured. The list of controllable soft key configurations are specified in the featurePolicy.xml file.  Phones need to reboot or reset to download the Feature Policy template  file. For Cisco IP phones that do not have a Feature Policy template  assigned to them, you can use the default Feature Policy template file  (featurePolicyDefault.xml file).

Hi Priya,

I am sure the softkey can't be modified on 8961, I have configured the softkey under voice template configuration mode, but can't display on the 8961. Only feature-button configured under voice template configuration mode can display on the 8961 screen, but actually not active. when I press the pickup, busy tone will be heared.

Thanks,

Hi zhangqilin

Have you solved this issue . i'm experiencing the same problem.

Thank you in advance

I'm having the same issue with cme 8.8.

Feature button shows up and I can press it but once I press and dial the pickup group it gives me a busy signal.

Anyone figure this out?

MBO46
Level 1
Level 1

Have you solved this issue?

i'm experiencing the same problem...

Best regards,

Matthieu

alig.norbert
Level 4
Level 4
Hi there, I know it's an old posting, but I'm facing the same problem on cucme 10.0. Have you been able to find a solution with the softkey template? Kind regards, Norbert
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: