cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8961 phone not registering

moman62
Level 1
Level 1

I have a cisco 8961 phone that I have hopefully set up correctly in CUCM 11.5. I have also downloaded and put in my tftp server the sip upgrade .sgn file.

When I plug the phone in, I reset it to factory default and it gets an ip address from my windows 2019 dhcp server and on the phone I can see the ip address of the tftp server (option 150) but it is not accessing the .sgn file? Nor when I look in call manager does it have an ip address for the phone user?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is not how this works, you need to enable TFTP on your CUCM server, if you only have CUCM Pub then enable TFTP on it and change your DHCP to point to via option 150.  

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What do you mean by "my TFTP"?  A TFTP server in CUCM deployment is one of the CUCM nodes in the cluster that is running the TFTP service.  Is the DHCP scope option 150 pointing to one of those?  If yes, what do you see under "status messages" on the phone?

I use an external TFTP server which is configured on my windows server 2019 DHCP server which is also configured with Option 150 that points to the IP address of my TFTP server.

I am only configuring the publisher and have not added any subscribers! My phone does get ip address from the windows dhcp server but I see on the status that it says tftp error and does not upgrade or registers the phone

Now if there is a way for me to allow CUCM to pull from my windows dhcp that would be great.

This is not how this works, you need to enable TFTP on your CUCM server, if you only have CUCM Pub then enable TFTP on it and change your DHCP to point to via option 150.  

ok just to make sure, I will change my windows 2019 server dhcp option 150 to point to my publishers ip address 10.20.20.55?

and then CUCM will register/update my phone when I plug it in? 

I have tftp activated in cucm, would I need to activate the dhcp monitor service as well?

Correct. 

That worked!!! Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: