cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8961 with key expansion module and Plantronics cs530 headset

mjwald3200
Level 1
Level 1

So I have a CS530 headset with the APU-70 electronic hook switch cable. (this is the one with the USB connector)

When I plug this into a 8961 with out a key expansion module, everything works as expected, but when I plug it into a phone with the expansion module, I either get nothing at all, OR "the phone is unable to power this accessory"

I have also tried using the APU 82 cable that has a normal handset style plugs.  This works, but I cannot answer and disconnect using the headset.

I would like my cake and eat it to please :-)

Any ideas would be great!

Thanks

1 Reply 1

mjwald3200
Level 1
Level 1

Found this on Cisco's website.

This mentions the CS50, would assume that it applies to the cs5320 as well.

The Plantronics CS50 USB headset causes the phone to request power from the switch even though the headset is self powered. In this case, if a device such as a camera or expansion module is connected and active on the phone, the switch will reject the power request for the headset because the power budget has been exceeded. In this case, the headset cannot be used.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: