Views
Helpful
Replies

8GB USB Key for Cisco Unified Communications Solution

rherve
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is there somebody who know what serves the USB 8GB key on the CUCM IBM server ?

Reference: 41Y8260      8GB USB Key for Cisco Unified Communications Solution

Thanks per advance

Hervé

4 Replies 4

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

If it's like the HP one, it's an internal one on the motherboard.  It's used to hold a kernal image used by the system.

We are missing this key from our Server and it aopears to be preventing a successul installation of CUCM 6.1.5.

Does anyone know what is on this key or how to create one?

If we could install the correct key in our IBM X3650 M2 server (equiv to MCS7835-I3) then the install might succeed.

Not sure if this key is used on IBM hardware or not.  In the case of the "equivalent" servers I've been dealing with, we simply went over to Office Depot an

d picked up an HP v125w 8 GB USB key and installed it on the motherboard in the on board USB slot.  The drive is formatted and the required info installed on the flash drive during system installation.

The UC BU was the entity that identified that this was required with HP servers.  I would contact them before you waste a lot of time on this.

Cliff

Hello Clifford,

We got servers from IBM and also the USB keys. We have also problems to install UCM8.0 on our servers. It stops always when the RAID driver should be found. We checked our H/W config but could not find any difference to the required config. Could it be that we need the USB key to provide the right RAID driver? I tried also to install the USB key on the mainboard as mentioned above but the space on the mainboard is not enough.

Did you find a description somewere for installation of UCM8.x on x3250 M3?

Hubert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: