Views
Helpful
Replies

9951 Phone, FW 9-3-4-24, "Frozen Screen"

ULF PETERSEN
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a problem with the current FW. The screen is "Frozen".No call in and out possible.

There is a log entry: "downd- Socket accept errno=4 "interrupted system call"

The only solution is to reboot the phone.

Anyone an idea?

Bye Ulf

6 Replies 6

vemanyam
Level 1
Level 1

This might be Phones loose DHCP and just hangs and do not recover back or register to Call Manager.

Workaround :  Phone has to be manually rebooted. Try upgrading the firmware to the latest

Aditya Gupta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ULF

Is there any expansion module connected to your 9951 phone ?

Regards

Aditya

Hi Aditya,

is there any known bug on 9951 phone with the expansion module?

I've a similar problem with a couple of phones: sometimes they completely hung up, some other times they lose basic functions (i.e. call transfer) and the only solution is to manually restart them.

I've tried different configurations and many firmwares, but at the end I found that the problem seems to be related to the expansion modules: by removing them the phones are working properly.

Hi Gianmaria

Yes, there are few defects exisiting on RT Phones (99XX and 8961) with expansion modul, where problem either happens on expansion module or the phone iteself.

CSCtq08933

CSCtq06638

IF you have already tried fixed firmwares for these defects, i would suggest open up a TAC case and get the problem investigated.

Regards

Aditya

Hi Ulf,

I had the same problem with my 9951 phones but now it's some week that I'm using the 9.4(1) firmware and it seems to be solved.

Unfortunately I've still some trouble with call transfer (once a week the call transfer function stop working and I have to restart the phone), but I think is a completely different problem.

Hope it helps.

dlgmeiner
Level 1
Level 1

i am having same problem with group of 9951's. i am at v9.4.1 on firmware. had similar problem with biamp SIP conferencing unit and fixed it by changing from DHCP to  fixed address. continue  to get  a address conflict error, but the device no longer hangs. is their any solution other than fixed addressing .. thanks

danny

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: