cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9951 Phones Answer 2nd DN

joe.conger
Level 1
Level 1

Use 2 line phones: 1-line Primary DID DN,  2-line ACD DN for UCCX agent calls.

Typically our agents(7940 phones) pick up the handset and select the second ACD DN to connect to queued calls.

The 9951 phones won't allow me to answer the second DN after I lift the handset.

1. 2nd DN rings

2. Lift the hanset and I get dial tone on primary DN.  This is how our phones work now.  Also the call history comes up which makes it even more difficult to quickly answer the 2nd inbound customer call.

Our agents usually just select the second DN to connect to the customer.  Queue times and speed of answer are critical performance issues for call centers.  Why can't I select the second DN to connect the call?

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the "Always Use Prime Line" set to on the phone?

From the drop-down list box, choose one of the following options:

• Off—When the phone  is idle and receives a call on any line, the phone user answers the  call from the line on which the call is received.
  • On—When the phone  is idle (off hook) and receives a call on any line, the primary line  gets chosen for the call. Calls on other lines continue to ring, and the  phone user must select those other lines to answer these calls.
  • Default—Cisco  Unified Communications Manager uses the configuration from the Always  Use Prime Line service parameter, which supports the Cisco CallManager  service.

HTH,

Chris

Right now it's set to default which is set to On - PL Service Parameter.  My concern is that our agents know how to quickly connect to the second dedicated ACD DN on our 7940 phones.  Go off-hook / select second DN.  Now that functionality seems to be much more cumbersome especially when the call history pops up when I go off-hook