cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9971 iDivert Second Line

timsilverline
Level 4
Level 4

I have a pretty basic problem that has plagued me for some time that I assume there is a simple solution to but cannot find on my own.

On a 9971 phone, when I am on a call, and I receive a call on the second line, I am unable to Divert this call to voicemail.  So it continues ringing annoyingly in my current conversation until it's over.

I use Jabber and so normally I click the Decline button that pops up on my computer screen and this works to succesfully send the call to voicemail, but I know there has to be some way of doing this on the phone without having jabber installed and running.  I just can't figure out how to do it.

The softkeys on the phone - specifically the iDivert button - only show up for the line that is in focus - so in this case the line that I am using for my active conversation.  In order to get the Divert button to show up for the other line I somehow need to focus on the incoming call - but clicking the button for that line just answers the call which is NOT what I want to do.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to accomplish what I am trying to do?

6 Replies 6

s.soporie
Level 1
Level 1

A quick fix may be to have the 2nd line just flash under line settings when active.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

This would be anb improvement over what it does right now although not the ultimate solution.

How would I do this?  I only have one DN configured on the phone so I clicked on it and went down to here:

After setting Ring Setting (Phone Active)  to flash only  and applying config, the line continues to ring when I am on a call.

s.soporie
Level 1
Level 1

Thought it was the 2nd line on the phone.
Even if you don't change the settings system default is beep only.

Yes that is the procedure to change.

Don't have 9971 to test with right now.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I only have one DN on the phone.  It is a very simple setup.

When someone calls the same DN -  while I am talking on it actively - the call shows up on the next button down to the line I am talking on.  That's what I referred to as a second line.  I guess I used the wrong terminology but I don't know what else to call it?

It is certainly not beeping in my case and has behaved this way on every phone in our company that I have used.

Hello,

If you only want to answer a call per time and ALL second calls to arrive to your phone send automatically to voice mail, I think that a solution is to do this:

1.-

2.-

This not apply If you want to send to voice mail only some calls.

Regards

JM

sageser01
Level 1
Level 1

We just added some of these phones to our system and were having the same problem on CUCM 10.5.2.11900-3.  What I stumbled on is that you use the cursor arrow keys to move/select the ringing line and then press the divert button which sends that selected call to voicemail.  Hope this might help someone else and save them a few days.

Dave S.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: