Views
Helpful
Replies

9971 ip phone and VXC2112 wifi capability

J_Vansen_S
Level 3
Level 3

A quick verification,

The 9971 phone has integrated wifi capability, can the VXC2112 attached to it make use the wifi connection instead of wired?

Please advise

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, when you're using wireless on those phones, the PC port is disabled.

If you want to use the backpack VXi clients you need a wired connection.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Jaime,

Do you know where it is documented that the PC port can't be used with wireless on the 9971 phone? I can't find it anywhere. The reason I was looking into it is that I found documentation that says you can't use VXC VPN with the wireless interface, but not that the port itself can't be used with the wireless interface.

Note Cisco VXC VPN does not support the phone's Wi-Fi interface and IPv6. All existing phone VPN constraints apply to VXC VPNs. Use of VLANs in this environment is not expected and Data VLAN is not required; all traffic from the computer port is untagged.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Data_Center/VXI/CVD/VXI_CVD_VMware.html#wp1956949

Thanks,
Mark

Can't recall exactly where it is, but it's contained in the actual phone admin/config guide. In the section about the wifi config it says there, that once you enable it, the PC port is disabled.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Hey guys,

Here we go

Note

You  can configure the WLAN settings only on the Cisco Unified IP Phone  keypad. You must use the ac adapter when using the Cisco Unified IP  Phone in WLAN mode. WLAN is disabled when Ethernet is connected.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/9971_9951_8961/7_1_3/english/admin/guide/9971net.html#wp1093022

Cheers!

Rob

"May your heart always be joyful
May your song always be sung" - Bob Dylan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: