Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9971 phone is Partial Registered on CUCM 8.5

Hi,

we have one 9971 SIP Phone that is Partial Registered on CUCM 8.5. Why and what does it mean? The telephone seem to work without any problems. All other phones 9971 / 7971 are Registered with CCM.

Who have an idea?

Michael

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Partially registered means that not all lines on a SIP phone have registered.  If you have added a line to the configuration of the phone in call manager and the phone isn't accepting it's configuration file (ITL update failed in the status messages on the phone) the phone will only be registering some of the lines that are configured in call manager leading to that status.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

I've seen this on 79xx series phones too on CUCM 8.0

No idea what it means !

A reboot of the phone usually clears it.

I gave up worrying about it...

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

No luck with a reboot. Yesterday I switeched to sip9971.9-2-1 but also without luck...

Michael

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Partially registered means that not all lines on a SIP phone have registered.  If you have added a line to the configuration of the phone in call manager and the phone isn't accepting it's configuration file (ITL update failed in the status messages on the phone) the phone will only be registering some of the lines that are configured in call manager leading to that status.

Now it works. It was a Line on a AddOn Module that not exists.

Thank for your prompt reply.

Hmm. Sorry, but I'm not totally buying that.

I've seen this occur on phones where they're config hasn't changed...

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Thanks Joe,

That method worked for me.

I removed a non existent line, and it re-registered fully!

Thanks again

cogden
Level 1
Level 1

In my case, it was because the 8851 had the incorrect Phone Button Template configured.

There was a phone button template that was for an 8851 with a KEM assigned, but this phone did not have a KEM!

After correcting the template and applying the config - phone registered normally.

Chris

we had wrong DHCP option 150 wrong IPs for old call manager, we fixed the right IPs and TFTP was going to correct server and got correct matching phone info, phone came fully registered 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: