Views
Helpful
Replies

9971 phone password reset

sheraz butt
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

Can some help me to reset the passwor for 9971 ip phone i have no power cable for the phone.I was trying to configure with 2911 cme 7.1 with 50 user.lic with CP before configuring this phone i can access admin i tried the password which i configured during configuration but no luck.

also if there are some doc bout how to configure 9971 with 2911 tel ver 7.1 and ios 15.x.

Regards

Sheraz butt

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Dear bro Sheraz,

I'm not exactly sure at which stage you are in setting up your router for CME using the 9971 phones as SIP extensions, but the guide specified by Shalu post is a pretty good starting place.

Once you've followed those steps, you will have typed the command "create profile" under the "voice register global" section. This will generate files that have the convention of SEPxxxx.cnf.xml, where the xxxx=MAC address of your 9971 IP phone. You will most likely find these in the root directory of flash (run the command "show flash:").

When you identify the file that contains the MAC address of the IP phone you want to get rid of the password, copy it (the SEPxxxx.cnf.xml file) to your tftp server (tftpd32 is a very good choice). Open up this file and locate the following section:

PHONEPASSWORD

If this doesn't exist in the file, then type it in within the XML tags .

Your objective by doing this is to define your own password. If you don't want the password to exist, then delete the word "PHONEPASSWORD".

Now save the file and copy it back via tftp to the router and reset your IP phone. If all went well, you should be able to log into the administrator settings now.

Hope this helps you out.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

karpathian
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Sheraz,

This password is defined in the SEPxxxx.cnf.xml file. The appropriate section is labelled:

PHONEPASSWORD

You'll need to edit this file offline, then remove the password specified (in this example it is PHONEPASSWORD) and then re-upload the file.

Next time the phone boots up, as long as you've got your CME running a tftp server and have specified this file, the phone will pick up its new configuration.

You may also want to check out my own 2811 CME configuration in the below disscussion.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3402155#3402155

Hope this helps you out.

Thanks for DOC i will check it out

Dear bro

karpathian

can i have some thing like in details 'or step by step pls

this is a request

best regards and thanks in advance

Sheraz

Dear bro Sheraz,

I'm not exactly sure at which stage you are in setting up your router for CME using the 9971 phones as SIP extensions, but the guide specified by Shalu post is a pretty good starting place.

Once you've followed those steps, you will have typed the command "create profile" under the "voice register global" section. This will generate files that have the convention of SEPxxxx.cnf.xml, where the xxxx=MAC address of your 9971 IP phone. You will most likely find these in the root directory of flash (run the command "show flash:").

When you identify the file that contains the MAC address of the IP phone you want to get rid of the password, copy it (the SEPxxxx.cnf.xml file) to your tftp server (tftpd32 is a very good choice). Open up this file and locate the following section:

PHONEPASSWORD

If this doesn't exist in the file, then type it in within the XML tags .

Your objective by doing this is to define your own password. If you don't want the password to exist, then delete the word "PHONEPASSWORD".

Now save the file and copy it back via tftp to the router and reset your IP phone. If all went well, you should be able to log into the administrator settings now.

Hope this helps you out.

sheraz butt
Level 1
Level 1

Dear

AND

karpathian

i just got some time to work on it and ist work i can access the phone.

thanks and bset Regards

sheraz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: