Helpful
Replies

9971 power adapter

jogolev
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I recently bought 9971 phone.

But it has different type of power plug (not CP-PWR-CUBE-4).

Anybody knows where I could find an adapter for it?

9971_power_plug.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

That's a strange looking 9971. The power connector is wrong, it's missing all the embossed text, there's no large conformance sticker or any sign of the Cisco name or logo on it either. Compare it to the back of a 9971 I've got lying around:

Are you sure you haven't been sold a lemon ?

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CP-PWR-CUBE-4=

and appropriate country specific cable as listed here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps10453/ps10512/data_sheet_c78-565717.html

HTH,

Chris

This is not a regular plug.

I'm not an expert with the 997X but someone can confirm this will work with PWR-INJ-3 then you can get go here.

Phihong is where Cisco sources the PWR-INJ-3 for the wireless access point business unit. 

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

That's a strange looking 9971. The power connector is wrong, it's missing all the embossed text, there's no large conformance sticker or any sign of the Cisco name or logo on it either. Compare it to the back of a 9971 I've got lying around:

Are you sure you haven't been sold a lemon ?

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Yep, I got myself a lemon.

Looks like some kind of poor attempt of bootleg/counterfeit phone.

And when I connected it with PoE, screen displayed 7975 image logo and phone failed to boot.

It is totally worthless.

Thank you for helping.

Contact Cisco.  They will want to know WHO you got the fake phone from.  Go here.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: