Views
Helpful
Replies

9971 taking too much time to call external numbers

tka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When I type an external number fro mmy 9971 phone, then type dial, the ip phone take too much time before the call goes really to PSTN. Other SIP or SCCP phones from the same infrastructure works fine exept this model ( it(s not a route plan related problem)

Any suggestions

regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

1. configure a route pattern with no overlap sending

or/ and

2. set t302 timer (but I dont think it is, cause your other phones works)

or

3. use SIP Dial Rules and put it on the phone.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_0_1/ccmcfg/b03sdial.html

must use 7940_7960_OTHER rules.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

vandana
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

Would you please collect the " debug ccsip mess", "debug isdn q931" and "debug voip ccapi inut" along with "sh run".

Vandana

vandana
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Here is the CLI to change inter-digit timeout value:
under voice register global:

timeouts interdigit <2 – 120 sec>

Could you give it try and if it makes difference?

Vandana

Hi vandata,

the gateways are MGCP- controlled not SIP controlled. So the same parameters are at the CUCM level and the same for all the phones. And there is no problem with the other phones.

Support Albakom
Level 3
Level 3

is phone configured in communication manager or communication manager express?

Hi,

It's CUCM not express.

regards,

1. configure a route pattern with no overlap sending

or/ and

2. set t302 timer (but I dont think it is, cause your other phones works)

or

3. use SIP Dial Rules and put it on the phone.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_0_1/ccmcfg/b03sdial.html

must use 7940_7960_OTHER rules.

Hi albakom,

1) It's already done

2) t302 timer is set ti it's default value. And it's acceptable since other phones works fine.

3)  Also, I already tried to set up dial rules. But while doing this, there is no need to do that, because , without any dial rules, I can :

- compose the number to call

- click on DIAL, and there the phone should ring quickly. And there is the problem. ( as I click on dial , the SIP dial rules will not do anything. Also, the phones support KPML , so no need for dial rules on this case.

I've clicked by mistake on "correct answer", and I actually still need help on this issue.

In my opinion, there it's a problem of compatibility between SIP ( the phone ) and MGCP ( gateway ) . especially , that when we call other SCCP internal phone numbers , the call is paased as soon I type 4 digits.

best regards,

Unless you're using SIP dial rules, there should be little noticable difference between SCCP & SIP phones in dialing.

I have a few SIP phones here, my gateways are MGCP, and I've got no problems.

As a first off, I'd watch the MGCP gateway (via debug isdn q931) and see where the delay is: In CUCM, or in the call setup.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

If I follow the OP then your calls are working but you are receiving a  "long delay". By chance, have you measured that delay? Could you provide  a more specific value than "long"?

Let's assume that their is a possibility that there is an issue with 9971 and/or SIP in general and MGCP on the CUCM. If this is the case, then it is a software defect. To confirm or deny this theory we would need to know the exact version numbers for the MGCP gateway, the CUCM, and the 9971 phone.

Another possibility would be some system level configuration. Sounds like you have confirmed that this is not likely since all other phones are working fine.

The behavior you describe points to dial plan. But you have said that isn't an issue. A CCM trace may help confirm/deny this.

Regards,Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hello,

"long" mean about 7 seconds. I noted that the delay before reaching the MGCP  gateway , si it is at the CUCM level.

I got some traces, that I'm going to work on. Hope to find out some thing.

regards,

Hi

Its me haneef here.am also facing with 9971 SIP Phones taking time to turn on. When phones are in idle state is getting delayed to turn ON (4 sec),Also if the phone is in off hook for dialing the PSTN is getting delayed to connect. At the same time we have some SCCP phones like 7975 are not showing this delay with the same network. 

As I have changed the inter digit timeout (T302 = 3000) in CUCM and voice gateway parameter for quickly connect to PSTN. After that it get some improvement. But phones are still getting delayed to display.Now we want to reduce this overall processing time.

we are not using any overlap on any route pattern!!!!!!!!!!!

Network Layout

============

Cisco Unified Communication Manager (UCS -220-M3)

CUCM  11.0.1         ==  T302 timer is 3000

Voice Gateway-2811

VGW                           ==   Inter digit timeout 2 sec

Gateway Protocol        ==   H323

Any suggestions

regards,

Haneef

jilfersalam
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I also faced this issue, when one of the customer complained about the delay. i have a 9971 phones and H.323 gateway.

On trouble shooting i found the following,

Actually the time taken for Normal 79XX and 9971 series phones are almost the same. The difference is in the display of the 9971 phones. It will display the dialed number only after the interdigit timout and the normal time it takes for the International Call to connect.

In my case, T302 was set to 9 sec so usually the the ISD calls will take approximatly 9+6(approx ISD switching time from carrier) = 15 sec.

T302 works perfectly for 9971 and 79XX series phones, this can be verified by timing the call hitting the voice gateway. Its the displayof the 9971 phones which is causing the customer to feel that it takes longer for the International Calls to connect.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: