Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9971 uses second line for outbound calls

On a SIP 9971 phone, whenever a call comes in on the second line (only used for inbound intercom calls), it causes the next outbound call to go out on the second line, not the primary line.  Everything is set to Always use Primary line.  Below are the configurations.  This affects all user.

VMware Installation

CUCM version  8.6.2.22900-9

The following devices are associated with each primary line DN and all are using SIP:

SIP 9971  sip9971.9-2-4-19

Always Use Prime Line    On

Line [1] - 2345 in Internal_PT  (forwards to voice mail, not second line)

Line [2] - 12345 in Internal_PT

Cisco Unified Client Services Framework

Line [1] - 2345 in Internal_PT

Always Use Prime Line     Defult

Cisco Dual Mode for iPhone

Line [1] - 2345 in Internal_PT  

Always Use Prime Line    Default

Service Parameters

Clusterwide Parameters (Device - Phone)

Always Use Prime Line  True

Is there some other setting to make the call go out the primary line regardless of weather a call comes in on the second line.  It there something they have to release?  Could this be a bug?  A SIP specific issue?

Thanks

11 Replies 11

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Anthony,

I think you are seeing this bug/enhancement;

CSCtb41806 - With 89XX/ 99XX phones the line focus remains with last used line

Description

Symptom:
89XX and 99XX phones have different behaviour than 79XX phones  in selecting
lines when going offhook to initiate a new call.
79XX always selects the first line configured
89XX/99XX always selects the last used line
Conditions:
89XX/99XX phones with mutiple lines and configured
Workaround:
Use the configurable button 'all calls'
Once the user has pressed the line which has this assigned, automatically the
focuss
will go back to the first line when going offhook to initiate a new call.
This needs to be activated manually each time the phone reregisters.

For more info check
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/9971_9951_8961/8_5/english
/admin_guide/9971usr.html#wp1079263

Cheers!

Rob

"Clocks go slow in a place of work
Minutes drag and the hours jerk" 

-The Clash

Thanks, it looks like it is hitting this bug, but the fix is supposed to be in the load that it's already running, sip9971.9-2-4-19.  Is there some caveat with SIP as opposed to SCCP?  Would going to a higher version in SIP like sip9971.9-3-2-10 help?  Thanks.

Hi Anthony, it doesn't matter if you go to a higher firmware version, until now the only solution is to use the configurable button 'all calls'.

"Once the user has pressed the line which has this assigned, automatically the focuss will go back to the first line when going offhook to initiate a new call. This needs to be activated manually each time the phone reregisters."

Regards

Please rate all useful posts
Favor calificar todos las respuestas útiles.

Does it matter which line is configured for All Calls? 

Will this work for a 6945?  I don't see an "All Calls" option in the template.  Or, is there another bug for this?

Thanks.

hauchinango
Level 3
Level 3

Any update/workaround on this issue?

I just migrated from 7900 to 8800 devices and this is an unwelcomed "enhancement".

custercsi
Level 1
Level 1

I am experiencing the same issue as well. 9951 phones running 9.4.2(13) on CME 8.6. Any thoughts on how to remedy this issue?

My findings are that the new phones do not operate in the same manner as the old one.

For instance, if you have multiple lines, if a call rings into line 2, the next time you place a call it will automatically select line 2.  This does not work well in a shared line scenario.

You do have the option to change to “Always use Prime Line”, but this requires the user to press the ringing line button if the call is not on their main line.  Again, not very convenient for shared lines.

Finally, there is a new softkey, “All Calls”.  If this is assigned to the phones, and is highlighted, the phone performs similar as the old 7900’s.  However, if a reboot occurs or the user selects another line button on the left, the “All Calls” must manually be selected again before the phone performs to the desired operation.  Additionally, when “All Calls” is selected, the caller no longer receives caller ID number from PSTN, rather only see’s name.

This is a downgrade in user feature/functionality on the new phones so I do hope there is a work around.

I have a TAC case open with no status as of yet.

TAC confirmed this is working as designed and no feature request on the roadmap.  Not ideal for users migrating from shared lines on SCCP phones to the newer models.

Looks like I don't have the option to add the "All Calls" button using Call Manager Express 8.6. These phones have been a serious disappointment so far.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: