Views
Helpful
Replies

9971 video call problem

Rafig Yolchuyev
Level 1
Level 1

Let me briefly to describe my problem.

2 month ago I've upgraded my call manager 7.1.5 to the latest version 10.5.2.11900-3

Everything looks that OK except the problem with video phones.

My call manager located in our head office  and all my branches are connect to us through WAN 10 MB/s through fiber-optic.

The problem is so :  My staff can not make a video call from Cisco IP phone 9971 to  the same models on branches,  and Cisco 7985, 9971 from  branches to head office and branch to branch.

We can not understand what is the problem ??

first time when I call to reception  and ask her  to transfer to video phone  9971 -  she push the transfer button and when the video phone device user was answered the reception can not  transfer my call to him, looks that 2 lines are frozen ( you can see it in attached file - pic1.jpg )

But when the reception transfer my call  directly to video phone device user without speaking with him then  the transfer button is working.

Also, I've tried to activate MTP  - Media Termination Point Required  -  but when I do it  I can not receive a video call only audio..

Also, When the receptionist in branch office trying to transfer the call from head office to video phone in branch , the user of video phone  receive on his display this error message  and the phone  going to register again:   - see attached file  - pic2.jpg

How can I fix it ??   What is the problem ??

We never had these kind of problems in old version.

Waiting for your quick response.

5 Replies 5

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

can you please confirm 9971 firmware load version. Just check it could be this bug

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuq32376/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Br,

Nadeem

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Hi Ahmed.

My cisco 9971 firmaware  sip9971.9-4-1-9   , then it means that there is a bug ??  do I need downgrade  this firmware ?

Hi Rafig,

Are you able to make video call within same branch? i.e. within your HQ and within your remote branches?

Is there any firewall in between your branches and HQ? Make sure that none of the video component is blocked.

Also, check video bandwidth per call configured between regions. 

Software MTP does not support video, so if you check MTP in phone configuration then obviously that call will be sent as audio only. 

Regards, Nishant Savalia

Hi Nishant,

I understood that with MTP video  is not working.

BUt still can not find the  problem,  It's happened after when I've upgrade my Call Manager,  Before  I've used 7.1.5  and do not have  this kind of problem.

Also,  We use IPSEC between  head office and branches,  and   we  , branch to branch  also can not make  any video call.

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

Can the video phones make video calls internally?

If no, verify that the phone configuration page hasn't changed and that video is still enabled.

If yes, verify how your regions, location video bandwidth and media resources are configured and how you have them assigned (e.g. phones, trunks, device pools etc). Since CUCM 7.1.5 you now have audio codec preference lists, enhanced locations and other default settings that have changed.

HTH

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh